Friday, February 27, 2009

First Ride!

Last Sunday the bike was taken out for its first ride on the ride since it made it to Australia.

A mate and I rode Beach Rd from St. Kilda to Blackrock in the marvellous sun. I struggled on the way there as there was a slight incline and the bike is without shifters so I was in the smallest rear gear for the entire length, the way back was amazing though.

The bike handled really well! There was some slight squeeling of the brakes but the new Kool Stop pads work much better than the old dry Mafacs, I truly felt as if the bike would stop when requested. The bottom bracket and hubs seemed to all be fine and run smooth. I guess when you consider the fact that in Melbourne one is always battling a strong wind; the bearings can be sticky without one noticing.

Alas, I didn't take any pictures but I will endevour to take some on the next ride. 

1 comment:

  1. Well done David!

    I would be pleased to see a picture of the complete bike. Funny to see a swedish frame down there.

    ReplyDelete